December 5, 2007

Ok already, I'll post something!

This post is for all those who have just been dying for another one. I thought I'd share a quote from a TV show. I'm not usually blown away by the dialogue on television shows. I mean, usually I can predict the next words out of a character's mouth. Anyhow, this one comes from a military show call "The Unit." My husband kind of got me into it. You can probably catch the entire episode if you go to the CBS page and watch it there.

The quote is delivered by a chaplain to a soldier who is searching for some kind of answer as to whether the taking of life is ever justified. They have been discussing the dilemma for several minutes. Much more goes into the dilemma, but if you really want to get into it, like I said, watch the episode. So, with no further ado...

"When there is no more information, it's time to make a decision."

The chaplain feels that this soldier has all the information he is going to be able to get on this topic and it's time to decide, stay or get out.

Have you ever kept rehashing something, thinking something over to the point of exhaustion, searching for more information when there is none. It's time to make a decision. It is time to use that information and take a stand, form an opinion, move forward, pick an option, make a choice.

It may take courage or strength you don't think you have. It may scare you. You might make the wrong decision. But, at least you are no longer stagnant. You aren't stuck in a pool of information and indecision. And even if it turns out to be the wrong decision or just a bad one, you can rest easy in the fact that you aren't back in that pool.

I made a decision. I searched out the information, kicked myself in the pants for stalling and decided to go back to school and get my master's in Children's Literature. Maybe you've got all the information, and it is time for you to make a decision...

3 comments:

Landry, Renée, and Baby Girl!!! said...

Hey, darling Sarah!
Great post. Seriously.


By the way, I still think about that ever so fabulous day we spent with Natalie and each other while I was in Michigan. It was basically the highlight of my stay. You're so fun, and I hope we get to cross paths again!!! Till then, I'll just have to get my kicks on here!

;)

Natalie said...

This is a good post, and I'm glad you got this quote out there.

My brain has been munching on it since you mentioned it to me.

Anonymous said...

great quote. and great thoughts.

and congrats on the decision.