December 7, 2007

Hellemarketers, I mean telemarketers

Ok, so I'm sitting here with a headache, having just spent an unstructured morning with 7th and 8th graders, trying to figure out what is going on with the override for my Literature class I have finally made myself sign up for, and guess who calls just as I venture into blogland before laying down for a quick nap...yep, you probably guessed it, a telemarketer.

I am sure they have been discussed many a times here in the blogging community, but I just have to say my piece.

1. If I'm such a valued customer then why are you bugging me?

2. I know that you are not taking a breath as you speak so that I cannot get in my polite "no, thank you." Is that a requirement to be hired, or do they train you?

3. When you finally stop to ask me some important questions so you can give me the best possible rate, did you ever think to ask if I even wanted the darn thing.

4. Did you know I stopped listening around the part when you said, Hello Mrs. Nolen, I'm calling from Fifth-Third bank," and immediately began thinking of ways I could end this conversation or my life, whichever was easiest.

5. Did I just say conversation because that would imply two people talking back and forth.

I could go on and on and on, but there is a nice cozy couch waiting for me and I feel better now.

4 comments:

Landry, Renée, and Baby Girl!!! said...

ha. you successfully addressed every emotion i ever remember having during one of those "conversations". number 4 is my favorite, though. suicide contemplation is a great coping method to such annoyances. ;)

Natalie said...

Where do they make Telemarketers anyway? Think about it. Have you ever MET one?

Anonymous said...

a perk of living in africa: no telemarketers. as much as i miss things about life in america, that's definitely not something i'm sad to be without.

Landry, Renée, and Baby Girl!!! said...

RYC: Nope! They only sell it in a bag for you lazy yankees. ;)