September 16, 2008

The Safe World of Blogging

I just love the fact that I can type my thoughts, beliefs, opinions and questions in my blog and feel safe in the knowledge that any comments I get will not hurt me or infuriate me. This is not the case everywhere.

Today, I thought I would comment on an article in the local newspaper (on their website). Basically, it was just some questions I still had after reading the article. Someone else commented about my comment and implied I said a whole lot of things I never said, especially since all I did is ask three questions and make one statement. This person also took it upon themselves to brag about how they could find faults in others and liked to shove it back in their faces. What did he want, a gold star?

How dare I hope to begin an intellectual conversation? I think I'll just stick to the safe world of blogging.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Aaargh!

Anonymous said...

I know!

I get so angry reading some online articles or listenting to news stories that I want to march over to my computer and yell at them through comments....

And then I usually decide it's not worth the rise in blood pressure since it probably won't ever be read anyways.

Anonymous said...

bleach. how annoying!

Anonymous said...

hm... i'm pretty sure "bleach" was supposed to be "bleah"...