April 3, 2008

Snow White

So, I'm trying to follow through on my quest to blog more. Here goes.

I am not one to go to the grocery store alone. Most may find this crazy, but usually all five of us go. Today, it was Kyrsten, Lucas and I.

Kyrsten was dressed in a complete Snow White costume, cape and all. There are two reasons she was dressed like this. One, she was like that when I picked her up from my mom's. Two, why fight about taking it off when it performs the same duty as clothes.

As I was walking through the store, people smiled and pointed. Then a woman actually came up to me and said, "I just want to say, you are a cool mom!" (See ego inflating here.) Apparently, uncool moms do not allow their children to dress as Disney characters at the grocery store. So I said to Kyrsten, "We need to go grab some fruit before we go." (I know, I know. They even eat fruit.) Then I looked at her with real big eyes and said, "We better not by apples. That didn't work out so well for Snow White last time." She looked back at me with big eyes and said, "You're right, I might die." And then we laughed.

We bought strawberries and bananas instead.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

you ARE a cool mom!

danielle said...

This post was awesome. It made me laugh out loud...I know, I know. They even eat fruit!!

I must rank up there too...I had princess Cinderella in tow in all her blingy get up last week. Oh...and she eats fruit snacks. he he

Natalie said...

This is such a great story!

And you had a blogging moment and followed through. Awesome!

Natalie said...

I almost didn't see your poll!

Landry, Renée, and Baby Girl!!! said...

haha. SO very adorable.
you're basically, like, THE cool mom of all cool moms.

a big congratulations to you.