September 24, 2007

A spoonful of sarcasm

So, the students are getting a little rowdy. I say, "Come on guys, let's get going," referring to the assignment they are suppose to be working on. One young man looks at me with a grin and says, "OK, where are we going."

Now, I can appreciate a little sarcasm now and then, which is probably why I didn't say any of the responses going through my head including:
-"You don't want to know where you're going."
-"I don't know where you're going, but I'm pretty sure I'm am slowly spiraling toward Hell."
-"We're going to take a little walk to the Principal's office."
-"We're all going to that quiet place where we think about an assignment and then complete it, but I forgot, you don't visit there often. Let me draw you a map."

I guess I will give specific instructions next time..."Get to work!"

1 comment:

Natalie said...

So the last one was my favorite. I'd like to see what that map looks like.